Data Protection Policy
Data Protection Policy
medcareworld is a medical service provider. We process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, medcareworld acts as a data controller. As a data controller medcareworld are committed to protecting your privacy, the privacy of our clients and users of our website. We will only use personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
You may give your personal details to medcareworld directly, such as on an application form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as job boards. We may also receive data from other sources and third parties. medcareworld legal basis for processing your personal data is for the purposes of the performance of a contract, compliance with legal obligations, necessary for the performance of a task carried out for the service, and for legitimate interests of medcareworld
The information we collect and how we use it
medcareworld may collect your personal data via our website, during a face-to-face meeting, over email and from third parties. Depending on regulatory and contractual requirements we may collect all or some of the data shown in the table below to enable us to offer you work (please note that the list is not exhaustive). The table below also outlines how we store, process, use and/or disclose your data and our reason for doing so:
- Personal data is held securely by medcareworld; it may be processed, used, stored and disclosed as follows:
- to provide work within the medical service.
- to maintain our relationship with our clients, clinicians and website users;
- to enable you to submit your CV for consideration.
- to subscribe to job alerts and other marketing information, you may opt out of this type of processing by withdrawing your consent at any time.
- to assist medcareworld in finding suitable positions this may involve declaring personal data to our clients to allow them to make recruitment decisions, this may include divulging sensitive personal data. Please be aware that where sensitive personal data is required to be disclosed, as a contractual or legal requirement, medcareworld will ensure that your data is anonymised where appropriate.
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to answer queries.
- to monitor equal opportunities.
- to verify details or request external validation of the information you have provided.
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of their investigation or collection of taxes or duties. Your information will be disclosed where we are permitted or required to by law;
- to carry out payroll and invoicing processes.
- to enable medcareworld to monitor traffic and movements around our website. Website data is stored securely and not shared with anyone.
- for other collection, holding and uses not listed above we will seek your consent.
Client data is collected directly from you or from third parties only. We use client’s data to provide our contracted Medical Service.
Where data may be made accessible, transferred, and processed outside of the organisation we will take steps to make sure that adequate protections are in place to secure your information. Data will be disclosed to:
- trusted third party organisations such as intermediary companies and healthcare organisations for work finding or payment purposes.
- to other third-party organisations who carry out checks on behalf of or provide services for medcareworld for example educational checks, training provision, occupational health purposes and DBS processing.
Where personal data is required by law/and or a contractual requirement (e.g., our client may require your personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter a contract you will be obliged to provide the data, if you do not the consequence of failure to provide the data are:
- medcareworld discontinuing your registration.
- medcareworld no longer being able to offer you work within the Medical Service.
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time. Please see Retention of Records in our data protection policy for a complete breakdown of the data we process and how long we retain your records for.
We must keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where medcareworld has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting The Data Protection Officer, 8 Churchill Court 58 Station Road, North Harrow, Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 7SA
Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact:
8 Churchill Court 58 Station Road, North Harrow, Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 7SA. firstname.lastname@example.org